This dish is packed with the flavors of summer.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 8 hours
Olive oil – 4 tablespoon
Aubergines (sliced lengthwise) – 17 ½ oz.
Garlic cloves (crushed) – 2
Red onion (sliced) – 1
Ripe tomatoes (quartered) – 10 ½ oz.
Sundried tomatoes – 1 ¾ oz.
Fennel bulb (sliced) – 1
Coriander seeds – 1 teaspoon
Salt and pepper – to taste
Feta cheese – 3.5 oz.
Toasted flaked almonds – 1 ¾ oz.
Parsley (chopped) – 1 small bunch
Basil (chopped) – 1 small bunch
Chives (chopped) – 1 small bunch
Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
Capers – 2 teaspoon
Lemon (juiced) – 1
- Pour 2 tbsps. olive oil in a slow cooker along with the onions and garlic.
- Brush the aubergines with the rest of the oil and spread them in the slow cooker.
- Spread the fennel and tomatoes over the aubergines and sprinkle salt, pepper and coriander seeds on top.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and pour it over the corn.
- Cook covered for 6-8 hours on low.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer the slow cooker contents onto a platter and sprinkle the sauce over it.
- Serve garnished with almonds and feta cheese.
Nutrition Information per serving: 269 cal, 20 g total fat, 11 g carb., 6 g fiber, 8 g protein.