Stuffed mushrooms are mouthful goodness for an elegant main, side dish and starters. They are a crowd-pleaser when prepared right.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time Taken: 90 minutes
1 pound Cremini Mushrooms
2 small onions, peeled and sliced
3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
2 tablespoons minced garlic
4 bacon slices, cooked
8-ounce cream cheese, softened
½ cups crumbled blue cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse mushrooms, separate stems and finely chop stems.
- Place a large saucepan over medium-low heat, add butter and let heat until completely melted. Then add onions, season with salt and black pepper and cook for 20-30 minutes or until onions are caramelized.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F and let preheat.
- When the onions are done, transfer to a large bowl and then add chopped stems and cream cheese. Chop bacon and add to cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Stuff each mushroom with the prepared cheese mixture and then arrange on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 25 minutes until cooked through.
- After 25 minutes of cooking, remove baking sheet from pan and top mushrooms with parmesan cheese. Continue baking for another 10 minutes until cheese melts completely. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 245 Cal, 18 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 96 mg chol., 459 mg sodium, 6.3 g carb., 1g fiber, 10.3 g protein.