Baked green beans taste delicious, be served alone or pair with any grilled meat dish. It is very simple to make and work well for busy weekday dinners.
Yield: 6 servings
Total Time Taken: 35 minutes
1 tablespoon chia flour
3 tablespoons water
1 pound green beans, fresh
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup almond flour
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Set oven to 425 degrees F and let preheat.
- In the meantime, mix together chia flour and water and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Line two large baking sheets with baking parchment, grease with oil generously and set aside until required.
- In a separate shallow dish, mix together remaining ingredients (except beans) until combined.
- Rinse green beans, trim, and place in a large bowl. Add chia mixture and toss to coat. Transfer beans into the spice mixture and toss to coat.
- Divide green beans evenly into prepared baking sheets, spread in a single layer and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Then turn on broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes or until crispy. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 100 Cal, 12 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 25 mg chol., 10 mg sodium, 7.5 g carb., 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.