This stew contains a large amount of marrow and bone.
Makes: 3 servings
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 6 hours
Oxtails (bone-in) – 2 lbs.
Beef broth – 2 cups
Butter – 1/3 cup
Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
Fish sauce – 1 tablespoon
Tomato paste – 3 tablespoon
Onion powder – 1 teaspoon
Garlic (minced) – 1 teaspoon
Ginger (ground) – ½ teaspoon
Thyme (dried) – 1 teaspoon
Salt and pepper – to taste
Guar gum – ½ teaspoon
- Heat the broth in a saucepan and mix in the fish sauce, soy sauce, butter and tomato paste.
- Transfer the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Place the rest of the ingredients except the guar gum in the slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-7 hours on low.
- Remove the oxtails into a bowl.
- Using an immersion blender puree the cooking liquid and mix in the gum.
- Serve the oxtails with the thickened cooking liquid.
Nutrition Information per serving: 433 cal, 29.7 g total fat, 3.2 g net carb., 28.3 g protein.