Fried sprouts and onions in butter will bring out flavors and color in your holiday feast.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time Taken: 30 minutes
1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
2 medium-sized red onions, peeled and sliced
4¼ ounce butter, unsalted
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Ground black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Place a medium-sized non-stick skillet pan over medium heat, add butter and let heat until melted.
- Add onion and let cook for 8-10 minutes until caramelized and nicely golden.
- Switch heat to low, then add vinegar and ½ teaspoon each of salt and black pepper and stir until just mixed. Cook for a minute and then transfer to a plate, reserve pan.
- Add sprouts to the pan and fry for 8-10 minutes or until soft and nicely golden. Season with remaining salt and black pepper.
- Return onion to the pan, stir until combined and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 163 Cal, 14 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 69 mg chol., 24 mg sodium, 6 g carb., 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.