With this recipe, you will forget the take-out version of Chinese cashew chicken.
Yield: 6 servings
Total Time Taken: 30 minutes
6 chicken thighs, boneless
1 medium-sized green bell pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
½ teaspoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons minced ginger
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ cup soy sauce, divided
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Ground black pepper – ½ teaspoon
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup water chestnuts, chopped
1 cup cashews, roasted
¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl whisk together sesame oil, vinegar, oyster sauce, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon ginger and ¼ cup soy sauce until combined, set aside until required.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, cut into small cubes, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Place a large non-stick skillet pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and let heat. Add chicken pieces and cook for 5-7 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
- Then add garlic, bell pepper, remaining ginger and stir-fry until tender-crisp. Stir in prepared soy sauce mixture and cook for 1 minute or until it begins to boil.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and remaining soy sauce and add to pan. Add cashews and water chestnuts along with ¼ cup water and cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 257 Cal, 15 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 48 mg chol., 643 mg sodium, 13 g carb., 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.