This cauliflower chowder is a hearty and wonderfully tasting soup, with a perfect balance of healthy cauliflower and crispy bacon. Make a large batch of this soup and serve during spring and winter season.
Yield: 6 servings
Total Time Taken: 45 minutes
1-ounce butter, unsalted and more as needed
1 leek, chopped
4 bacon slices, rind removed and divided
17.6-ounce cauliflower, cut into small florets
24 fluid ounce chicken stock
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Place a large pot over medium-high flame, add butter and let melt completely.
- Chop three bacon slices and add to pot along with leek and cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft, stir frequently. Then add cauliflower florets and cook for 2 minutes, stir frequently.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to boil. When the mixture is boiled, switch heat to medium and let the soup simmer for 15 minutes, stir occasionally and cover the pot.
- In the meantime, melt 1 teaspoon butter in a non-stick frying pan. Chop remaining 1 slice of bacon, add to pan and fry until crispy. Transfer bacon pieces to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside until required.
- Remove pot from heat and blend using an immersion blender or food processor.
- Ladle soup evenly among serving bowl, top with fried bacon, scatter with parsley and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 201.8 Cal, 17.8 g total fat (9.1 g sat. fat), 45 mg chol., 580 mg sodium, 7.6 g carb., 2.4 g fiber, 4.3 g protein.