This recipe is a keto version of classic mac and cheese. It is super creamy and tastes better with cauliflower without the added carbs.
Yield: 5 servings
Total Time Taken: 60 minutes
5 cups cauliflower florets
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon mustard, dry
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup coconut milk, full-fat
½ cup vegetable broth
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees F and let preheat.
- In the meantime, fill a large saucepan half full with water and bring to boil. Place cauliflower florets into a steamer basket that can easily fit into the saucepan.
- When the water starts boiling, insert steamer basket and cover the pan. Steam cauliflower for 7-10 minutes or until tender. When the cauliflower florets are steamed, transfer into a 2-quarts baking dish and set aside until required.
- Place a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, add coconut milk, salt, and black pepper and bring to simmer. Then stir in broth and flour and cook until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Evenly pour this sauce over the cauliflower and then sprinkle with cheese. Place baking dish into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until cheese melts completely and the mixture is bubbly.
- Then turn on the broiler and broil for 3-5 minutes until top is nicely golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 135 Cal, 10.1 g total fat (6.3 g sat. fat), 31.9 mg chol., 180.7 mg sodium, 2.1 g carb., 0.8 g fiber, 7.2 g protein.