This flavorful combination of broccoli and cheddar cheese is really a good one. It is super easy to make and is so bursting with flavor that you will keep coming to it again and again.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time Taken: 60 minutes
1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons salt, divided
1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
½ teaspoon dried thyme
3 cups vegetable broth
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- Place baking rack on the middle shelf of the oven, set the temperature to 400 degrees F and let preheat.
- Arrange broccoli florets in a single line on a large baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper and toss until mixed well.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until roasted and nicely golden brown.
- Place a large pot over medium heat, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and let heat. Add onion and cook for 5-7 minutes or until sautéed, stir occasionally.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant, stir occasionally.
- Pour in broth, add broccoli and bring the mixture to boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer soup for 20 minutes, stir occasionally.
- After 20 minutes of cooking, stir in cheese, mustard, milk, remaining salt and black pepper and cook until cheese melts completely.
- Remove pot from the heat and blend using an immersion blender or food processor until smooth.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 223 Cal, 14.1 g total fat (3.2 g sat. fat), 14 mg chol., 389 mg sodium, 11.3 g carb., 3.2 g fiber, 16.8 g protein.