Your kids are going to love this meal.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 5 hours
Russet potatoes (peeled, sliced thick) – 2 lbs.
Heavy cream – 1 ½ cups
Garlic cloves (minced) – 3
Nutmeg – just a pinch
Dried thyme – ½ teaspoon
Gruyere cheese (shredded) – 1 cup
Parmesan (grated) – ¼ cup
Salt and pepper – to taste
Fresh thyme leaves – ½ teaspoon
- Whisk together the cream, thyme, nutmeg and garlic in a saucepan over medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Place a layer of potato slices in the slow cooker such that they overlap, season with salt and pepper and spread 1/3 cup of the creamy mix over it.
- Sprinkle some Gruyere cheese and repeat the layering twice more.
- Cook covered for 4-5 hours on high.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and cook for another 5 minutes covered.
- Leave uncovered aside for 15 minutes and then serve garnished with fresh thyme.
Nutrition Information per serving: 303.5 Cal, 21.7 g total fat (13.4 g sat. fat), 78.8 mg chol., 115 mg sodium, 19.4 g carb., 1 g fiber, 8.1 g protein.