This stuffed zucchini with cheese and tangy marinara cheese is something special. It is deliciously tasty and doesn’t involve much effort to prepare.
Yield: 2 servings
Total Time Taken: 20 minutes
4 medium-sized zucchini, stemmed and halved
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
5-ounce crumbled goat cheese
1 cup marinara sauce
½ cup chopped parsley
- Set oven to 400 degrees F and let preheat.
- In the meantime, scoop out seeds from each half of zucchini and discard.
- Season zucchini with salt and black pepper and then place on a large baking sheet, greased with oil.
- Spread half of the goat cheese evenly on all zucchini halves cavity and then top with marinara sauce.
- Top with remaining cheese and place baking sheet into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until zucchini is cooked through. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 216 Cal, 11.8 g total fat (3.8 g sat. fat), 46 mg chol., 487 mg sodium, 6.4 g carb., 1.9 g fiber, 23.8 g protein.