A warming chicken curry loaded with aromatic spices that are paired with low-carb rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time Taken: 20 minutes
1 pound chicken thighs, boneless
1 medium-sized white onion, peeled and chopped
3 ½ ounce green beans, chopped
½ pound broccoli head, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 ¼ ounce butter, unsalted
14-ounce coconut milk, full-fat
1 2⁄3 pound cauliflower head, cut into florets
1 red chilli pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 ½ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon curry paste
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Place a large skillet pan over medium heat, add oil and let heat.
- Add onion, ginger and chilli pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add chicken pieces, stir in curry paste, 1 teaspoon salt, black pepper and fry chicken for 8-10 minutes or until nicely golden brown on all sides, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli and beans, pour in the milk and let simmer for 15-20 minutes until gravy reaches desired thickness and chicken is cooked through, cover the pan.
- While chicken is cooking, prepared cauliflower rice. Remove and discard the stem of the cauliflower and grate the head.
- Place a medium-sized non-stick skillet pan over medium heat, add butter and let melt. Add grated cauliflower and cook for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in remaining salt and turmeric and remove the pan from the heat.
- Garnish the cooked curry with cilantro and serve with cauliflower rice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 213 Cal, 7 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 98 mg chol., 50 mg sodium, 4 g carb., 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.