This Thai chicken dish is popular with kids. Chicken with ginger and coriander seeds adds a big boost of flavour alongside with sweet and spicy peanut sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time Taken: 35 minutes
1½ pounds chicken thighs
2 red chilli peppers, finely chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger, divided
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
3 tablespoons coconut oil
3 1⁄3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 2⁄3 cups coconut milk, full-fat
6 tablespoons peanut butter
- In a small bowl stir together ginger, coriander seeds, and turmeric until combined.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, cut into bite-size pieces and place in a bowl and then add prepared ginger mixture. Toss to coat well and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare satay sauce. Place a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, add soy sauce, coconut milk, peanut butter, red chilli pepper and garlic and whisk until combined.
- Simmer sauce for 10 minutes until sauce reaches desired thickness and then remove the pan from the heat, keep warm.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over low heat and add the marinated chicken. Sprinkle with salt and fry for 5-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer cooked the chicken to a serving plate and serve with prepared satay sauce.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 250 Cal, 10 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 240 mg sodium, 7 g carb., 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.