These fluffier, lighter and tender keto pancakes are made from coconut flour and almond milk for a filling and healthy breakfast, with the same great taste.
Yield: 2 servings
Total Time Taken: 20 minutes
1 banana, peeled and chopped
¼ cup coconut flour
1 pinch salt
½ tsp cardamom, ground
2/3 cup chia flour
2/3 cup water
½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, add banana and mash. Then add coconut flour, salt, cardamom, chia flour and water and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in milk until mixed well.
- Place a medium-sized non-stick skillet pan over medium flame, add coconut oil and let melt completely.
- Then pour half of the batter into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until the bottom is nicely golden brown, cover pan.
- Then flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
- Remove pancake from the pan, keep warm, and cook another pancake with the remaining batter in the same manner. Serve hot.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 31.5 Cal, 1.4 g total fat (0.7 g sat. fat), 37.2 mg chol., 114.3 mg sodium, 2.2 g carb., 1 g fiber, 2.1 g protein.