This meaty sauce recipe is just too good. Make it for a kid’s party along with pasta and they will feast on it.
Makes: 20 servings
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 6 hours 10 min
Chopped pancetta – 4 ounces
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Minced white onion – 1
Minced celery stalks – 2
Minced carrots – 2
95% lean ground beef – 2 pounds
White wine – ¼ cup
Crushed tomatoes – 2 (28 ounce) cans
Bay leaves – 3
Salt and fresh pepper – To taste
Chopped fresh parsley – ¼ cup
Half & half cream – ½ cup
- Sauté the pancetta in a deep pan for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Add the butter, celery, onions, and carrots and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Increase the flame and add the meat seasoned with salt and pepper, and sauté till browned.
- Drain the fat and pour in the wine, cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into the crockpot along with the bay leaves, tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Cook covered for 6 hours on low.
- Mix in the parsley and half & half.
- Serve over pasta.
Nutrition Information per serving: 143 Cal, 7 g total fat (3 sat. fat), 48 mg chol., 145 mg sodium, 5g carb., 1g fiber, 15 g protein.