These grain-free, sugar-free, low-carb, vegan and keto waffles are downright irresistible. They only take 30 minutes to come together and have a really good flavour.
Yield: 5 servings
Total Time Taken: 30 minutes
2 tablespoons ground flax seed
5 tablespoons water
6-ounce all-purpose flour, sifted
6-ounce whole wheat pastry flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoon melted butter, unsalted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract, unsweetened
12 fluid ounce almond milk, unsweetened
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Switch on the waffle iron, grease with non-stick cooking spray and let preheat.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, combine flax seeds and water and set aside until required.
- In a medium-sized bowl stir together all-purpose flour and pastry flour, baking powder, salt, and honey until mixed well, set aside until required.
- In a jug, mix together milk and vinegar. Then place melted butter into a large bowl, gradually add almond milk mixture and whisk vigorously.
- Then mix flax mixture, 2-3 tablespoons at a time, until combined. Stir in vanilla and then stir in flour mixture, 2-3 tablespoons at a time, until mixed well.
- Pour this mixture into the waffle iron and cook until nicely golden brown.
- Cook remaining waffles in the same manner and let waffles cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 145 Cal, 11.3 g total fat (5.4 g sat. fat), 169.1 mg chol., 124.2 mg sodium, 2.5 g carb., 8.8 g fiber, 9.5 g protein.