Ground beef and eggplant make an incredible pair for a low-carb casserole. It is inexpensive and big on taste.
Yield: 12 servings
Total Time Taken: 4 hours and 10 minutes
2 pounds ground beef
2 cups cubed eggplant
28 ounces diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons salt and more as needed
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons mustard paste
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
16 ounces tomato sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place eggplant in a colander, evenly sprinkle with salt and set aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes transfer eggplant into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a bowl mix together beef, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until combined and then place at the bottom of the 8-quarts crockpot.
- Spread meat evenly and then cover with eggplant cubes. Top with tomatoes and tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese, parsley and oregano.
- Cover the crockpot, plug in and cook for 2-3 hours on high heat setting until cooked through. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 209 Cal, 12.8 g total fat (2.3 g sat. fat), 35 mg chol., 237 mg sodium, 7.1 g carb., 2.4 g fiber, 16 g protein.