This hot sausage and sweet potato soup have a very savoury taste.
Makes: 16 servings
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 6 hours 30 min
Hot Italian sausage (casings discarded) – 1 lb.
Onion (diced) – 1
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Sweet potato (cubed) – 1 lb.
Garlic (minced) – 2 tablespoon
Cremini mushrooms (quartered) – 6 oz.
Chicken stock – 6 cups
Fresh baby spinach leaves – 6 oz.
Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Garlic salt – 1 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onions and garlic in it.
- Add the sausage and cook until browned.
- Transfer into a slow cooker and mix in the rest of the ingredients except the spinach.
- Cook covered for 6 hours on low.
- Mix in the spinach and cook for another 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information per serving: 138 Cal, 9 g total fat, 8.5 g net carb., 6.5 g protein.