This creamy and velvety soup is a delicious mixture of peppers, and bacon. And the cheesy goodness takes the texture of this soup to another level.
Yield: 6 servings
Total Time Taken: 45 minutes
8 bacon slices
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 medium Jalapeno Peppers, stemmed and diced
24 fluid ounce chicken broth
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon celery seeds
¾ cup coconut milk, full-fat
8-ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Ground black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Cut bacon slices into 1-inch pieces.
- Place a large pot over medium heat, add bacon pieces and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crispy, stir occasionally.
- Then remove bacon pieces to a plate and reserve pot and bacon fat in it. Add jalapeno pepper to the pot and cook for 3-5 minutes or until sautéed. Then remove peppers from the pot.
- Into a pot add broth, butter, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, thyme, celery seeds and stir until mixed. Bring the soup to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Remove pot from heat and blend using an immersion blender or food processor until smooth.
- Stir in cheese and coconut milk until well combined. Adjust seasoning and stir in jalapeno pepper and bacon pieces until just mixed.
- Return pot to medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle soup into serving bowl and serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 552 Cal, 49.6 g total fat (32.6 g sat. fat), 139 mg chol., 392 mg sodium, 3.4 g carb., 0.4 g fiber, 19.4 g protein.