You can have these short ribs as appetizers or you can serve it with some veggies for the main course.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 8 hours
Coconut aminos – ½ cup
Swerve – 1/3 cup
Rice vinegar – ¼ cup
Garlic cloves (peeled, smashed) – 2
Fresh ginger (grated) – 1 tablespoon
Red pepper (crushed) – ½ teaspoon
Grass-fed beef short ribs – 8
Green cabbage (quartered) – 1
Guar gum – ½ teaspoon
Sesame oil – 1 tablespoon
Scallions (sliced) – 4
- Mix together the vinegar, sweetener, coconut aminos, ginger, garlic and red pepper and add it to the slow cooker.
- Place the ribs in it and layer the cabbage on top.
- Cook covered for 7-8 hours on low.
- Whisk together the guar gum and some cooking liquid and add it to the slow cooker, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the sesame oil.
- Serve sprinkled with scallions.
Nutrition Information per serving: 609 Cal, 56 g total fat, 1.4 g carb., 0 g fiber, 21 g protein.