Mixing fresh herbs with different proteins is a great way to add variety and vibrant flavors to the keto diet.
Yield: 6 servings
Total Time Taken: 20 minutes
2 pounds lamb chops
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
2 tablespoons minced mint
½ cup mint leaves
¼ cup basil leaves
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon grated orange zest
3 tablespoons orange juice, divided
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl mix together minced mint, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon thyme, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Rinse lamb chops, pat dry, then rub with prepared spice mixture and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the chops are marinating, prepare mint pesto. In a food processor or blender, place mint leaves, basil, lemon juice, and remaining oil, garlic, orange juice, salt and black pepper.
- Pulse until blended, then tip the mixture into a bowl and set aside until required.
- Place a grill pan over high heat and let heat until smoking hot. Then add marinated chops and sear for 3 minutes. Then flip and continue cooking for 4 minutes.
- Serve chops with prepared mint pesto.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 160 Cal, 7 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 72 mg chol., 56 mg sodium, 0 g carb., 0 g fiber, 23 g protein.