This fiber and iron-rich soup is scrumptious and an excellent addition to your real food diet.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time Taken: 20 minutes
2 cups shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and chopped
6-ounce baby spinach, fresh and chopped
1 small white onion, finely chopped
4 teaspoons minced garlic
24 fluid ounce vegetable broth
½ teaspoon dried tarragon
1 bay leaf
8 fluid ounce almond milk, unsweetened
¼ cup chopped parsley
1 lemon, juiced
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Ground black pepper – ½ teaspoon
2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place a large pot over medium heat, add coconut oil and let melt. Then add onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until nicely golden brown, stir occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant, stir occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables start to sweat, stir occasionally.
- Pour in broth, add spinach, bay leaf, tarragon and stir until just mixed. Then simmer soup for 30 minutes over medium-low heat until asparagus is tender.
- Remove pot from heat, pour in almond milk and stir in lemon juice and parsley and let the soup rest for 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning and ladle soup into serving bowl and serve straight away.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 317 Cal, 21 g total fat (11 g sat. fat), 143 mg chol., 392 mg sodium, 21 g carb., 1g fiber, 11 g protein.