Turkey and peppers make this breakfast bake one delicious breakfast, without eggs. Everyone who is tired of eating eggs will enjoy this tasty breakfast a lot.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time Taken: 20 minutes
One large green bell pepper stemmed and chopped
1 large red bell pepper, stemmed chopped
1 ½ teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning mix
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
10-ounce turkey sausage
½ cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Place a baking rack in the middle shelf of an oven, set the temperature to 400 degrees F and let it preheat.
- Cut each sausage into thirds.
- Grease a medium-sized baking dish with the non-stick cooking spread, place bell peppers, drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, sprinkle with seasoning mix and pepper, add sausages and toss until combined.
- Place Baking dish into preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through, stirring every 10 minutes.
- When the baking is done, remove baking dish from the oven, sprinkle with cheese and return dish to the oven.
- Turn off oven and switch on the broiler and broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts completely and begin to brown. Serve hot.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 223 Cal, 15.4 g total fat (7.1 g sat. fat), 143 mg chol., 460 mg sodium, 7.6 g carb., 0.6 g fiber, 14.2 g protein.