This all-in-one dish contains juicy chicken pieces paired with turnips. Turnips have replaced potatoes to make this dish low-carb.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time Taken: 50 minutes
2 pounds chicken thighs
2 pounds turnips
4 ¼ ounce olive oil
1 tablespoon paprika powder
1 tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon ground black pepper
1 cup mayonnaise
- Set oven to 400 degrees F temperature and let preheat.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, divide each piece into quarters and then place in a baking pan.
- Peel turnips, cut into 2-inch pieces and add to baking pan.
- Season with salt and black pepper, then sprinkle with paprika and then drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat and place pan into the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and turnips are fork-tender.
- Remove baking pan from the oven, top with mayonnaise and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 202 Cal, 73 g total fat (23 g sat. fat), 232 mg chol., 1392 mg sodium, 12 g carb., 4.3 g fiber, 40 g protein.