If you have loads of guests at your home, then these Rueben sandwiches are awesome to prepare for breakfast.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 9-11 hours
Refrigerated sauerkraut – 2 lbs.
Corned beef brisket – 1 lbs.
Thousand Island dressing – 1 cup
Pumpernickel rye bread (toasted) – 16 slices
Swiss cheese – 8 slices
- Place the sauerkraut in the slow cooker and then place the beef brisket over it.
- Cook covered for 9-11 hours on low.
- Remove the beef and slice it.
- Spread the Thousand Island dressing on each toast.
- Top eight slices with sauerkraut, beef and cheese.
- Cover with the remaining 8 slices.
Nutrition Information per serving: 540 Cal, 35 g total fat (12 g sat. fat), 110 mg chol., 2390 mg sodium, 27 g net carb., 6 g fiber, 29 g protein.