Ramp up the taste of a plain roasted vegetable dish with the delicious flavors of bacon.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time Taken: 25 minutes
1 medium-sized cauliflower head
5 bacon slices, uncooked
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 medium-sized green onions, chopped
- Set oven to 400 degrees F temperature and let preheat.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and place on a medium-sized baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until soft and nicely golden brown.
- In the meantime, place a medium-sized non-stick skillet pan over medium heat and fry bacon slices until crispy on both sides. Let cooked bacon cool and then chop.
- When the cauliflower is roasted, toss in bacon and continue roasting for another5 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper, scatter with green onion and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 126.4 Cal, 7.3g total fat (1.9 g sat. fat), 23.8 mg chol., 315.8 mg sodium, 4.2 g carb., 1.5 g fiber, 5.9 g protein.