This amazingly delicious side goes perfectly well with fish and grilled food.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time Taken: 35 minutes
4 fennels, fresh
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 lemon, squeezed
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1⁄3 pound sugar snaps
2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- Place baking rack on the middle shelf of the oven, set the temperature to 450 degrees F and let preheat.
- Slice fennel into small pieces and place on a medium-sized baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and black pepper and toss to coat.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and scatter with lemon wedges.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. In the meantime, shred sugar snaps.
- Transfer baked fennel to a serving platter, add sugar snaps and pumpkin seeds and stir until mixed well. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 85 Cal, 8.57 g total fat (2.06 g sat. fat), 81 mg chol., 669 mg sodium, 5.54 g carb., 3.3 g fiber, 1.77 g protein.