Everyone will love the healthy and flavorful combination of green cabbage and lemon. This side dish is a great way to get more vegetables into a meal.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time Taken: 20 minutes
1 medium green cabbage head
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place baking rack on the middle shelf of the oven, set the temperature at 440 degrees F and let preheat.
- Take a large baking sheet, brush with olive oil and set aside until required.
- Remove bad leaves from the cabbage head, trim and discard the core, then rinse cabbage and cut into wedges.
- Arrange cabbage on the prepared baking sheet in two rows.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil and lemon juice and brush the cabbage with this mixture.
- Season with salt and black pepper and place baking sheet into the oven.
- Bake cabbage for 15 minutes or until roasted and sides are crispy. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 65 Cal, 4.32 g total fat (0.77 g sat. fat), 27 mg chol., 428 mg sodium, 6.76 g carb., 2.8 g fiber, 1.53 g protein.