This Spanish omelette makes an awesome a wholesome breakfast for the family.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 2 hours 40 minutes
Eggs (lightly beaten) – 12
Russet potatoes (peeled, chopped) – 1 lb
Onion (chopped) – ½ cup
Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
Salt – ¾ teaspoon
Black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
Cheddar cheese (reduced-fat, shredded) – ½ cup
Tomato (chopped) – ½ cup
- Grease a slow cooker lined with a disposable liner.
- Lightly brown the potatoes in a skillet for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the onions and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the onion-potato mix to the slow cooker, spreading it evenly and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and pour it over the onion-potato mix, stirring gently to spread.
- Cook covered for 2 ½ hours on low.
- Transfer the omelet onto a platter and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Keep covered for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve topped with the tomato.
Nutrition Information per serving: 202 Cal, 12 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 284 mg chol., 389 mg sodium, 11 g carb., 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.