This spinach and mushroom quiche makes a healthy, nutritious and satisfying breakfast.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 4 – 5 hours
Frozen chopped spinach – 1 (10 oz.) package
Bacon – 4 slices
Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
Portobello mushroom (chopped coarsely) – 2 cups
Red sweet pepper (chopped) – ½ cup
Gruyere cheese (shredded) – 1 ½ cups
Eggs – 8
Whole milk – 2 cups
Fresh chives (snipped) – 2 tablespoons
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Ground black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
Packaged biscuit mix – ½ cup
- Cook the bacon in a pan until crispy. Remove and crumble.
- Heat oil in the pan and sauté the sweet pepper and mushrooms in it until tender.
- Mix in the spinach and cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and chives.
- Add the egg mix to the spinach mix and stir mix.
- Stir in the biscuit mix.
- Transfer the mixture into a slow cooker lined with a disposable liner.
- Sprinkle the bacon on top.
- Cook covered for 4-5 hours on low, until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Nutrition Information per serving: 431 Cal, 31 g total fat (15 g sat. fat), 349 mg chol., 699 mg sodium, 15 g carb., 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.