This is a wonderful lasagna alternative for vegetarians.
Makes: 2 servings
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 2 hours
Extra-firm tofu – 1 block
Part-skim Mozzarella (shredded) – ½ cup
Cottage cheese (fat-free) – ¾ cup
Frozen spinach (chopped) – 1 package
Prepared spaghetti sauce – ½ cup
Garlic (minced) – to taste
Ground black pepper – to taste
- Wrap the tofu and cottage cheese in separate paper towels and press using a weight for 10 minutes to remove moisture.
- Cook the spinach as per the packet instruction and then squeeze out maximum moisture.
- Mix together the spinach, garlic, ground black pepper, cottage cheese and ¼ cup mozzarella cheese in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread ¼ cup spaghetti sauce in a greased slow cooker and spread 4 tofu slices over it, slightly overlapping.
- Spread half of the spinach mixture over.
- Repeat tofu-spinach layering once more and then end with a layer of tofu.
- Spread the remaining spaghetti sauce over and then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cook covered for 2 hours on high.
Nutrition Information per serving: 348.8 cal, 16.3 g total fat, 20 mg chol, 654.1 mg sodium, 12.1 g net carb., 4.2 g fiber, 37.3 g protein.