The combination of vegetables and mushroom adds so much flavor in this versatile dish. It is really delicious and so cheesy.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time Taken: 60 minutes
4 large portabella mushrooms, stemmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large white onion, peeled and diced
2 medium-sized zucchini, stemmed and diced
1 roasted red bell pepper, diced
5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
¼ cup spinach leaves
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
3 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
3 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
- Set oven to 375 degrees F and let preheat.
- Rinse mushrooms, pat dry, and then grease with oil. Arrange mushrooms, stalk side up, on a medium-sized baking tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Place a medium-sized non-stick skillet pan over medium-high heat, add oil and let heat. Then add onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until browning begins.
- Then add zucchini and cook for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini is beginning to soften. Add tomatoes and red bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Then stir in garlic and cook for another minute before adding spinach.
- Cook spinach for 3-5 minutes or until it wilts completely. Then remove the pan from the heat and stir in remaining ingredients except for mozzarella cheese until mixed well.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the mushrooms, top with mozzarella cheese and place baking sheet into the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 80 Cal, 12 total fat (0.3 g sat. fat), 12 mg chol., 24 mg sodium, 8 g carb., 1g fiber, 2 g protein.